Happy new year lovely people. The new year just began and today I’m sharing with you a post about people you need to drop in your life. These are people who are toxic for you. They are not good for your physical health, emotional health and psychological health. Being in a relationship with them only brings tears in your eyes and sadness in your heart. I mean why hold on to something that is killing you slowly all in the name of love? If it is destroying you, then it is not love and it is not worth holding on to.
The fear of being alone makes us stay in toxic relationships even when we know it is not good for us. I know this because I’ve been there before. Been in a relationship that every night I say to myself I am so breaking up with him tomorrow because he’s always making me sad. Then I wake up in the morning and I’m like but I dont want to be alone, at least I have someone. But a bad relationship will make you feel more alone than actually being single. If you cry yourself to sleep most nights because of a relationship, that relationship is toxic for you and you should let go.
My dear, sometimes you have to forget how you feel and focus on what you deserve. If someone loves you, if they truly care about you, they wouldn’t put themselves in a position to lose you. They wouldnt hurt you for any reason. If someone loves you, they will treasure you and treat you right. And if you love yourself, you wouldn’t put yourself through this everyday.
I know that breaking up with someone you love is very painful but being in a toxic relationship is worse. You feel like you are in a relationship alone. The love always feels one sided and you are never truly happy. But if you will have the courage to let go such a relationship, soon you will be happy about the decision you made because it was the right thing to do.
SIGNS YOU ARE IN A TOXIC RELATIONSHIP
signs you are in a toxic relationship
These are signs that you are in a toxic relationship and you should let go.
- They always bring up your past and judge you with it.
- They are selfish, it’s all about them, what they want and how they want it.You find yourself compromising all the time because you want to keep the peace.
- They want you to put them first but they don’t make you a priority.
- They are controlling and wont allow you to be yourself. They make sure to always have their way.
- They dont care about your feelings, they do things that will hurt you when they know it will hurt you.
- They never apologise and they never accept their mistakes. Some even go as far as making you feel guilty for their mistakes. They find a way to turn things around like you are in the wrong.
- It is like you can never do anything right with them so you walk on eggshells around them. You are not confident when you are around them.
- It’s difficult to communicate with them. They either ignore you or the conversations into a fight.
If you are in a relationship and you experience three or more of these signs often, that relationship is toxic for you and you have to let go. Also, bear in mind that toxic people aren’t only people you are in a relationship with. They can be friends or even family. But it is advisable to let go such people. Don’t let them drain you with their negative energy.
Happy new year.